MATLAB is called the 'Language of Technical Computing' for a reason. It has a variety of uses in the field of communication technologies such as signal and image processing, communications, control systems, and computational finance. It is a programming language developed by Mathworks
Basic things you can do with MATLAB:
* Design and implement any waveform based on your requirements.
* Sampling and binding of wave under various parameters
* Call C & Fortran functions in a MATLAB program.
* Call Java libraries or ActiveX from a MATLAB program
Some of the most interesting applications of MATLAB:
* Developing control algorithms for hypersonic vehicles
* Running millions of simulations to pinpoint optimal dosing for antibiotics.
* Building energy consumption model for smart power grids.
* Analyzing weather data to visualize the track and intensity of hurricanes.